Initially, the Internet was used only for the exchange of information, so that since its commissioning it was limited to use, ie it could only be used by the universities, but later by engaging in social and commercial use, the population discovered its advantages and started running of electronic business.
The main goal of both conducting a classic business and managing an e-business is to make a profit that can be in different forms. In addition, the main task, as well as marketing and internet marketing, is identifying the needs of the consumer, ie putting in the foreground exactly to consumers their needs, which ultimately achieves the basic goal of any business profitability in the long run. From what we can conclude that in order to materialize our visits we should have a quality offer, but we should previously have the capability to attract visitors to our site.
Advantages of Internet marketing are:
- Lower costs – the investments needed to promote online marketing are smaller in terms of traditional marketing. Through internet marketing, our e-business will be cheaper to promote ads for our site by sending e-mail to potential users, where advertising and posting is relatively inexpensive, given that the internet is cheap and in terms of implementation both in terms of usage and marketing costs would be lower than those of traditional marketing. When promoting new business, leaflets are often accessed, free of charge fingers, pens, calendars are offered, but with the costs of buying the products on which our company prints, as well as for printing tops or printing leaflets is burdensome firm.
- Interactivity – refers to connecting the consumer to the marketing process, there is a possibility for more efficient online access to interact with the product, testing and purchasing the product over the Internet. For example: the software ad can be directly taken by the buyer to the location where it can download the demo version and test the software, and if you like, you can immediately buy the program.
- Targeting – refers to the fact that customers can easily find their preferences, age, gender, geographical location. So we can decide for a smaller group of buyers or a specific group and we try to satisfy their needs.
- Customization – the message can be customized to the user according to his tastes. For example, if we use the sending of messages as a marketing tool. viral marketing, depending on the user’s movement on the Internet, visits to certain sites, areas of his personal data that he has provided us with a great opportunity to send the message we send to him and to adjust to his preferences.
- Consumer monitoring – consumer activities can be tracked, to see how they react to their brands and what can be learned about their permanent and future visitors. A way that can be weighted by their visits, or clicks on a website that is not the case with traditional marketing.
- Measurement and effectiveness – the opportunity and the effects to measure in real time